September 1, 2010

Project Finished

This is a long time coming on the revealing of this project. This has been something that has been in the works for quite some time. Matt decided to build Riley a bed after looking into buying one for her and it being way too much money. Matt got together some things drew it out and made it. We both painted and decorated it.  I was very proud of him. It is so nice to have a husband that is so good at making things, and fixing things. Just this last weekend he changed the brakes and rotors on my van, how many husbands take care of things like that? So here are some before and after shots of Riley's new bed. 

Here is the only piece to the new bed that we already had. Matt built the bed around this headboard.


This the finished headboard

Another shot of the bed
A up close view of the drawers





Well what do you think? I think it is awesome and I am so thankful I have a husband that is so talented!



4 comments:

Bree, Home of Blogmania said...

That is wonderful! Yes, what a great hubby for sure! I love it, my daughter would love it :)

Brandie said...

I think he did an awesome job especially since this is the first one he has ever done. We really wanted a bed like this for her but couldnt find exactly what we were wanting for the right price and so he just said well let me at least try to make one its just wood, so he gave it a go and I think it turned out just great! I think it even makes it more special that he made it for her too.

Aimee Larsen said...

ackheemmm! Do you want to loan Matt out?? :) That is fabulous!

Brandie said...

Aimee thanks. I tell him all the time he is very talented but he doesnt think its anything special.