January 13, 2011

Okay I am back...

I apologize for my extremely long absense  however, I have just not made the time to sit down and write for quite some time now. I need to get back to it, for its a very good outlet for the things I am thinking, feeling, and experiencing.


Lots of things have happened since I have last blogged. To those of you that know me you already know these things. However, I will let those of you that dont know my goings on quite so well in on it as well. The main thing that happened during my absence was my daughter got bite/attacked by a dog at a friends house. It resulted in 4 stitches and a very bruised and swollen face the stitches were on her upper mouth between the lip and the nose. She is healing wonderfully. I am so thankful to the Lord for this.  This was also an experience that on the surface could seem minor. Her life was never in danger. We knew she would heal. However, what haunted me after the accident was....what if....


Dont you hate what if. What if I hadnt gone over to that house that day, what if I hadnt allowed her and her brother to play outside. There is also the what if she had been hurt worse. The dog had bite lower and got her neck instead of face. What if the little friend (who is 9) hadnt been there to pull the dog off of her. What could have happened then.
I dont even want to think about it.


When this happened it made me realize that life can change at the blink of an eye. At one moment you are fine, and than the very next, chaos. Does this surprise the Lord though. No of course not it doesnt.  He knew exactly what was going to happen that day eons ago. It's funny to presume to know what our lives will hold isnt it. B/c we really dont know at all. We are only along for the ride.


Psalm 139:1-6
1.O Lord, you have searched me and known me 2. You know my sitting down and my rising up you understand my thought afar off.3.You comprehend my path and my lying down. And are acquainted with all my ways.4Fro there is not a word on my tongue, But behold , O Lord, You know it altogether.5.You have hedged me behind and before, And laid your hand upon me. 6. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me: It is hight, I cannot attain it.

No comments: