March 18, 2010

A wise man always tells less than he knows


So, for anyone that knows me I am a born talker. That saying that you hear about "people that dont know me think I am shy those that do know me wish that I was" applies to me 100%. I talked early I am told by my mom. I now talk often. The quote above about the wise man always telling less than he knows. Its a hard one for me. Since I am such a talker. That goes against the grain. However, I heard this saying at church while we were being taught the powers of the tongue for evil and good. That sometimes it is best to not say anything.

Proverbs 10:19 "In the multitude of words sin is not lacking, But he who restrains his lips is wise"
Ouch!!!

That one hits hard. I feel too many times I feel the need to grace those around me with my wisdom lol. I need to work on this.
I also need to realize that sometimes the most wise thing to say is nothing. You dont have to share everything you think or feel with someone.
I know alot of times on this blog I share my thoughts and feelings on a subject. However, I have wondered sometimes if I am wrong in making broud applications about my thoughts and opinions b/c of the fact that everyone is different and called to different things. I cant say well, this friend of mine is wrong b/c she is doing this thing that she feels led to do but I dont. It might be wrong for me but not for her.
Unless it is a law of God and an absolute truth it is opinion and not fact that lead me to say the things I say.
I feel I am judgmental. Too much so. I need to work on this. I am quick to jump to a conclusion on something. I need to give the Lord time to speak to my spirit about it. I cant hear him if I am busy talking away and telling everyone what I think.
This is a goal of mine. Something I feel the Lord is spotlighting as a need to work on type thing.
Judge not lest you be judged.

To any who have read my blog and felt judged, please forgive me. I have to learn that I do not know what is the right thing for everyone. I cant know the will of God for another souls life.
I ask you as friends help hold me accountable to this. I do not want to be a judgmental person any longer. I want the spirit of the Lord to fill me and flow out of me that those around me dont see me they see Him!!!


No comments: