April 28, 2010

A Must Read....


Books are things I love. Usually I love them to distract me into relaxation at the end of a long hard stressful day where I can sleep in peace. I prefer christian fiction novels. You would be surprised by how many very wonderful books there are out there written by christian authors.
I read about a book a week give or take a little. Sometimes more sometimes less. However rarely does a book so impact me that I feel the need to share it. Usually they are good, but not anything down right amazing. This book is an exception. If you are a reader you will love this book. If you are a "thinker" you will love this book. If you are a "cryer" you will need lots of tissues for this book. This book both broke my heart and built it back through the course the novel.

.

There is so much that I could say about this book. However, in case you do read it I dont want to give it away. Suffice it to say that it breaks your heart at first be prepared to cry. I am not a person that crys but I teared up at least four times during this book. It gets really sad and than we see the grace of God coming in like sunlight through dark gray clouds. We are broken down than picked up by our Saviour to better understand the love that God does have for each and everyone one of us. How, he cares for each of us. It paints a very unique picture of the trinity that helped me understand it better than I ever have. It takes what you think about religion and throws it out the door. Yours eyes are open to the God that is creator of everything yet loves even those of us who aren't lovable. He expects nothing from us nor does he want us to serve him in guilt. No. He doesn't work that way. He wants us to "want" to serve him not "feel like we have to."

Warning this is as book that is sad and will make you think very deeply about lots of things. If you are up for the challenge read it. I checked it out of the library so more than likely you can find it if you try. I am going to buy it I think just so I can look at the parts that spoke so deeply to me again at a later time. Just wanted to share with all that read this blog a story that really opened my eyes to God's love and grace in a new way.....I hope you will read it. Let me know if you do, and what you think once you are finished. God Bless

No comments: