January 19, 2010

Just a Mom

I am sure there are times when you are asked "So, what do you do?" I hate that question. I cant say well I have a business, well I work at this place, or even I go to school. Many of my friends do these things plus be a mom, or more even. I feel like saying I am "just" a mom is a very simple boring answer.

However, it is what it is. I know I could go to school and learn a skill or some sort expand my mind, I could go get a job expand my world a bit. However, I feel that is not what God has called me to do.

I know that God calls each of us to where he wants us to be. Some he wants to work, go to school, or not. Some like me he calls to focus totally on being mom. I know there are those that manage to do everything well at the same time. However, I know my limits and they are that I couldn't go to school, or work, and still do what I do for my family. There is no way, I could do all the cleaning, laundry, shopping, cooking, organizing, homework with the kids (hubby does help with this) There is no way i can do all this if my focus is on anything else.

Not saying there arent those that can. Well, there are those that say well you need to be able to provide for yourself. What if something happened to your hubby. What if he left, what if he died. Well, I have to believe that my marriage is strong. I cant live in preparation and fear of something that most likely at least in my opinion will never even happen. Okay so what if he dies. He has life insurance. Enough for me and kids to live off of for awhile, while I go to school and get some sort of training and am able to support my family. So, again, not going to worry, and fear over something that most likely wont ever happen.

Now am i saying that I will never work? no, Am I saying I will never go back to school? No, but I am saying that right now, that is not what I am supposed to do. Its not the right timing in my life.

So, when people ask what I do, i need to proudly say I am shaping the next generation ! Not to mention I also spend tons of time taking my hubby's Nana to her doctors appt, going and seeing/helping my two grandmothers. So, really I am effecting the upcoming and the ougoing generations on a daily basis. Not bad for doing nothing...right?
There is not really ever a day when there is nothing that I have to do. So, when the time comes that I have "time" to work, i guess thats when I will work. Until then I will remain a unpaid mom/grand-daughter/daughter/sister/friend/wife !!!

1 comment:

Aimee Larsen said...

OR maybe you can say you are raising a future president! That's a pretty big deal!

: )