April 3, 2012

Who found who?

Today during my regular bible reading I noticed something I thought might be worth sharing. You know how when you hear a sermon that points something out inside a verse that you never knew was there and it gives it a whole new meaning? Well thats kind of what happened today.


I was reading in John 1:43-45 read it with me see if you catch it..


"The following day Jesus wanted to go to Galilee, and He found Philip and said to him, "Follow Me." Now Philip was from Bethsaida, the city of Andrew and Peter. Philip found Nathanael and said to him, "We have found Him of whom Moses in the law, and also the prophets, wrote-Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.


Okay so, it might not mean much but I caught something I have never seen in these verses before. Do you notice that Jesus said He found Philip, and then later Philip tells Nathanael that he found Jesus? 


To me that is a good picture of salvation. It's God's place to save us sure. However, his nudging of the Holy Spirit combined with our allowing him to work with in us and give up control of our life is what ultimately makes salvation work.


I just thought I would share. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Каким путем пошел мир, каким путем ты его ведешь? Не пора ли развернуться!